Terms and Conditions
BUYERS RIGHT TO CANCEL
If you wish to cancel this contract, you may cancel by signing a written cancelation notice at our facility or by e-mailing us a written cancelation notice. The notice must say that you do not wish to be bound by this contract and must be delivered or e-mailed to us by the end of the third (3rd) business day after you sign this contract. If you cancel within the three day period you are entitled to a full refund of your money. If the third day falls on a Sunday or holiday, notice is timely given if it’s delivered as specified in this notice on the next operating day. Refunds will be made within 30 days of receipt of the cancelation by us. This contract shall not obligate the buyer for more than three years (36 months) form the date the contract is signed.
The Academy Membership Privileges and Policies
The Academy urges all members to obtain a physical examination from their physicians prior to the use of any exercise equipment or attendance in any exercise or martial arts class. In recognition of the possible dangers connected with any physical activity, you herby knowingly and voluntarily waive any right of cause of action of any kind whatsoever arising as the result of such activity against the facility, its agents, employees, stockholders or members. You hereby warrant and represent that you are in good physical condition and you have no disability, impairment or ailment which would stop you from engaging in strenuous exercise which could be harmful to your health, safety, comfort or physical condition.
1) Involuntary Termination. The Academy reserves the right, at any time, to terminate or to suspend, for such period of time as the We shall deem appropriate, the Member of any privileges, for Member’s failure to comply with any provision of the membership agreement or any of the rules and regulations of our facility or as a result of any conduct by the Member which We determine, in its sole discretion, to be improper or in any way harmful or detrimental to the best interests of The Academy or the other Members.
2) Final Termination and Auto Renewal. At the end of the (12) Month Commitment Membership Agreement the member must notify The Academy of its intention of terminating the membership agreement otherwise the agreement will auto renewal for another (12) months.
3) Membership Suspension. If you become disabled, you can suspend the payment of the monthly dues required under this agreement (hereinafter called a “freeze”). The Expiration Date of the agreement will be extended by the length of the freeze period. You must prove such disability by a doctor’s certificate. A medical freeze may not be greater than 60 days. If you are disabled for greater than 60 days. Every 60 days you must submit a new doctor’s note confirming the disability and the need to extend the membership freeze. During the freeze period you will not be charged any dues.
A general membership suspension (hereinafter called “freeze”) will be granted three (3) times during the (12) months period. One (1) month at a time. This must be done in writing at our facility. The expiration date of the agreement will be extended by the length of the freeze period. You must freeze by the 15th of the month for the freeze to be effective the following month.
4) This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey.
5) This agreement may be assigned by The Academy MMA, LLC and its affiliated partners’ at any time to any third party.
6) We add a $20 service charge to all declined credit/debit card charges.
Member hereby acknowledges that martial arts participation is a very strenuous and dangerous activity and that Injury is likely to occur. Member hereby releases and covenants not to sue The Academy MMA, LLC (d/b/a The Academy), its owners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and lessees from any and all present and future claims resulting from the inherent risk from participation in martial arts classes and use of the facilities and equipment including but not limited to any loss, injury, damage or liability sustained while both on or about the premises of our facility.
I hereby acknowledge that I have carefully read and understand both sides of this Membership Agreement and Buyers Right to Cancel and that I have received a signed copy of this contract.